Monday, July 28, 2008

Welcome to the 21st Century

It seems I am constantly trying to improve myself in one way or another. Recently I have enjoyed reading my daughter's and friend's blogs. I think it is such a clever and seemingly easy way to record thoughts, events, etc. I have been the worse journal writer. This is evidenced in the fact that I am currently journaling in the same book that I started in 1977, when I was in the 7th grade. Yikes! I know there have been many adorable things that my children have done that I have long forgot the details because I didn't writed them down. I realize that half of my kids are now grown, but, hey, I need to start somewhere. It really doesn't even matter to me if no one ever reads this blog, but I'm excited about creating it. I hope I can do it justice.
I've named this blog "Feels Like Home to Me". These are words from a favorite song of mine. I've even mentioned that I might use it as the first dance song at my next wedding. :) The song is beautiful, both words and music. I am happiest when I am home, with my family surrounding me. As my children have grown and with 2 of them in college, I find myself longing for those sweet, innocent days when they were all little and home with me. I miss those times. I try to cling to my kids now, keeping them as close as possible. I miss my girls terribly when they are away at school. I'm so proud, though, to see how mature and independent they've become. I like to think that I had a small part in that. They make me look good! :)
So, here's to blogging and walking down memory lane and looking ahead to an exciting future!

1 comment:

Rennie said...

So excited your blogging!!! Can't wait to hear and see all your adventures!