Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Song a Day: Wedding

Don't judge me, but I think A LOT about songs that would be perfect for first dance wedding songs. This stems mostly from the fact that I'm a hopeless romantic, but maybe it's also because I never had a wedding reception or a first dance with my ex-husband. That marriage ended miserably, but I still fantasize about someday meeting my soul mate and being married for eternity. Am I too old to be having these thoughts? Probably. Will I ever have my dream wedding, my dream man and my dream first dance? Maybe not, but I'm still going to dream!

As I hear songs that would be appropriate first dance songs, I make a mental note of it and sometimes I even write it down. The other day I was listening to my IPOD like I do every morning as I'm getting ready for work. One of those songs came on. It has been part of my list for some time. But on this particular day the thought came to me, "This one is the one! This is the one I will use." I feel it best describes my life, it is very romantic, and I think it is actually a great song for a more than 20-something couple.


The Day Before You by Rascal Flatts

I had all but given up on finding

The one that I could fall into

On the day before you

I was ready settled for

Less than love and not much more

There was no such thing as a dream come true

Oh, but that was all the day before you

Now you're here and everything changes

Suddenly life means so much

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow

And find out this promise is true

I would never have to go back to

The day before you

In your eyes I see forever

Makes me wish that my life never knew

The day before you

The Heaven knows those years without you

Shaping my heart for the day that I found you

You're the reason for all that I've been through

Then I'm thankful for the day before you

Now you're here and everything changes

Suddenly life means so much

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow

And find out this promise is true

I would never have to go back to

The day before you.

No comments: